Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dearest Mary Margaret,

Maybe this is silly, because I never met you. We spoke, and we all knew that you were the strongest and wisest of us. You brought a lot of smiles to a lot of people, and tears. Through your ridiculously deep and honest and amazing poetry and through your still very eloquent general conversations. Through you being 14 physically and ageless mentally and emotionally. Through always being stupidly upbeat and positive and ready to listen to us. I hope you haven't given up, you said you were leaving us, and everyday since then I regret not checking the last message you sent me immediately, and everyday I think of you and hope you're still fighting your cancer. You've made it through once, you can fight it. Please let us know you are okay.
Because if someone as amazing and strong and positive as you gives up on the world, what hope do the rest of us have?

1 comment: