Friday, June 25, 2010

Fark off.

So, went to bed about midnight, 1 o'clock last night. On the verge of a deep sleep when THE MOST AGONISING PAIN EVER tears through me. It was always bad but since I stopped taking the pill, period pain as been horrifying. Weak and dizzy and crying and slightly delirious. I had no pain killers and lying down made it worse. I had the cramps, my insides tearing apart and for some reason my right hip and leg we aching something fierce. I didn't get back to bed until 6 when it calmed down enough for me to lay down. So I didn't get up until 2. Ergh.

But, what I was really going to blog about was the Entitled ones. Gosh, I sincerely hope that if I have kids they do not turn out as molly-coddled mamas boys or daddys girls that rely way too much on technology and flaunt what they have. People who look at you like you are crazy when you say you don't use electric blankets - dude, get another doona or flannel pj's? People who can't fathom a bathroom cabinet not filled with every over the counter pain killer and then some. People who think struggling for money means they have to own 1 car, when they have 10 million laptops, Austar, a giant plasma, travel overseas every other year. Like that chick on Packed to the Rafters, though she is an over the top example.
I am damn fucking proud of the way I can live, taking the dirt road - as the old song goes. I mean it isn't something I have to work towards, it's how our family was raised - you know, in the real world? In reality?
I don't want to turn around one day and realise that my teenagers, adults, are so dependant on me they can't spend one night alone without having coniptions, separation anxiety on your first day of day care is one thing, but you know... I don't want to realise they don't know the value of a dollar and how to save or expect to have everything without really working for it. I don't want to see them look down their noses at people because they have made different choices in life.

Sometimes I feel like this. C has her licence and my god do I feel belittled for not having mine. I got my learners then I moved - you know, I took a chance, I left my parents behind and lead my own life? So anyway, here you have to have a certain number of hours on your learners which I obviously can't get since I don't have anyone to drive with. It never bothered me, I like the environmentally friendly and cheaper public transport. But now I feel so patronised by everyone. It makes me angry, like I mean all the time, it just simmers in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment