Sunday, October 24, 2010

Your current relationship. If single, discuss how single life is.



Well, there's pros and cons to both sides, I suppose. I don't really know, single life in itself is not bad. These past 3 weeks, I have been alone, like, completely, not just single. Just kicking around, studying, cleaning, reading, watching dvds, going for walks. I like it. I have realised I love that I don't need anyone or anything. Except my books, I need those.

I see people around me in relationships, and it's been nice because lately things have been going well for all of them. Not long ago all I would have heard was how horrible it was. I found it hard to sympathise.

I guess, a relationship is a committment, right? I don't do committment. That makes things in general feel too permanent for me. If I had more money at my disposal, or an inclination to gain it with criminal activities, or just a car, I'd be flitting around quite a bit, much to my father's dismay, no doubt. But I couldn't do that, decided to go somewhere and just leave....

Actually, since I don't flit so much, that's a moot point.

Ok, single life is all well and good, but being single? Not so much. It would be nice to know I'm not worthless, useless, a waste of space and precious resources, that I meant something in someone's life. I mean, I don't need validation, but I like me, I like me a lot, but since no one else does, I feel like kind of a freak. I guess a relationship would make me feel slightly less out of the proverbial global loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment